WHEREAS, the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-1 et seq. (the “Act”) authorizes municipalities to determine whether certain parcels of land in the municipality constitute areas in need of redevelopment and to formulate a plan to address the redevelopment of these area; and
WHEREAS, the City of Asbury Park (the “City”) has previously found and determined that the area of the City designated as the “Waterfront Redevelopment Area” (the “Area”) to be “an area in need of redevelopment” pursuant to the Act; and
WHEREAS, the City adopted the “Asbury Park Waterfront Redevelopment Plan” dated March 15, 2002 (as amended and supplemented from time to time, the “Plan”), which governs redevelopment in the Area; and
WHEREAS, the Mayor and City Council have determined to make certain changes to the Plan which are attached hereto to as Exhibit A (the “Proposed Amendment”) and desire to forward the Proposed Amendment to the Planning Board for review pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-7(e),
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Asbury Park as follows:
1. The Mayor and City Council hereby refer the Proposed Amendment to the Planning Board for review and recommendation in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-7(e).
2. The Mayor and City Council desire the Planning Board undertake a review of this matter and determine if the Proposed Amendment conforms with the goals and objectives of the City’s Master Plan.
3. The Planning Board is authorized and directed to prepare a report of its recommendations (the “Planning Board Report”) regarding the Proposed Amendment to the Plan no later than forty-five (45) days from the date hereof.
4. The Planning Board Report shall identify any provisions within the Proposed Amendment to the Plan that are inconsistent with the City’s Master Plan, the recommendations concerning those inconsistencies and any other matters the Planning Board deems appropriate.
5. If the Planning Board Report is not transmitted to the Mayor and Council within forty-five (45) days of the date hereof, the Mayor and Council shall be relieved of the requirement to obtain a Planning Board Report for the Proposed Amendment to the Plan in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-7(e).
6. The Clerk of the City shall immediately forward a copy of this Resolution and the Proposed Amendment to the Planning Board for review pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:12A-7(e).
7. This Resolution shall take effect immediately.