WHEREAS, on December 14, 2017, a formal “Request for Qualification” (the (“RFQ”) was issued by the City pursuant to the “Fair and Open” process described in N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4, et. Seq., seeking interested vendors to provide engineering services for the City; and
WHEREAS, in accordance with the RFQ, the City received and opened proposals from interested vendors on December 27, 2017; and
WHEREAS, following review and evaluation of the proposals received, the Mayor and Council have determined to appointed the firm of T&M Associates to provide engineering services to the City, pursuant to the direction of the City Manager, in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in their proposals;
WHEREAS, the City’s Chief Financial Officer has determined and certified in writing that the value of the contract associated with the City Engineer’s services may exceed $17,500.00, and therefore that the contract is subject to the provisions of the State’s Local Unit Pay-to-Play Law, N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4, et seq. (the Pay-to-Play Law); and
WHEREAS, the anticipated term of this contract is for a twelve (12) month period, commencing on January 1, 2018, and expiring on December 31, 2018, or until a successor has been duly appointed and qualified; and
WHEREAS, said contract may only be renewed upon further action of the City Council; and
WHEREAS, the services to be provided are considered to be “professional services” under the Local Public Contracts Law, N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1, et seq.; and
WHEREAS, the City’s Chief Financial Officer has certified the availability of funds for said contract.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Mayor and Council of the City of Asbury Park, in the County of Monmouth, State of New Jersey, as follows:
1. The firm of T&M Associates is hereby appointed to serve as “City Engineer” for the City for the year 2018.
2. The Mayor is hereby authorized to execute, and the City Clerk attest, a contract between the City and T&M Associates for the aforementioned services, for the year 2018, which contract shall be in a form satisfactory to the Municipal Attorney.
3. Said contract is awarded as a “professional service” contract in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5(1)(a) of the Local Public Contracts Law because the services will be performed by a person(s) authorized by law to practice a recognized profession.
4. Notice of the adoption of this Resolution shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation within the City.
5. A certified copy of this Resolution shall be provided to each of the following:
a. T&M Associates
b. Michael N. Capabianco City Manager
c. JoAnn Boos, CMFO, Chief Financial Officer
d. Director of the N.J. Division of Local Government Services
e. Edward Sadelli, Fiscal Monitor