WHEREAS, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-69, et seq., and Section 30-22, et seq., of the Asbury Park City Code, a Zoning Board of Adjustment has been established within the City consisting of seven (7) regular members and two (2) alternate members; and
WHEREAS, per Section 30-22.1 of the City Code, all regular and alternate members of the Zoning Board of Adjustment are to be appointed by the Mayor and Council; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-69, the terms of all members first appointed to the Zoning Board of Adjustment shall be so determined that, to the greatest practicable extent, the expiration of such terms shall be distributed, in the case of regular members, evenly over the first four years after their appointment, and in the case of alternate members, evenly over the first two years after their appointment; and
WHEREAS, thereafter, the term of each regular member shall be for four (4) years, and the term of each alternate member shall be for two (2) years; and
WHEREAS, with the above in mind, the Mayor and Council wish to make the following appointments to the Zoning Board of Adjustment, effective as of January 3, 2018.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Mayor and Council of the City of Asbury Park, in the County of Monmouth, State of New Jersey, as follows:
1. Effective as of January 3, 2018, the following resident(s) of the City of Asbury Park is/are hereby appointed as regular member(s) of the Zoning Board of Adjustment, for a term of four (4) years:
· Michele Maguire- Term to expire on December 31, 2021
· Daniel Harris- Term to expire on December 31, 2021
2. Effective as of January 3, 2018, the following resident(s) of the City of Asbury Park is/are hereby appointed to serve as alternate member(s) of the Zoning Board of Adjustment, for a term of (2) years:
· “Alternate No. 2” - Jennifer Souder - Term to expire on December 31, 2019.
3. A certified copy of this Resolution shall be provided to each of the following:
a. Each Appointee referenced above.
b. Zoning Board of Adjustment Secretary.
c. Michael N. Capabianco, City Manager.